Backtracked | Video Uploaded/Now on Spotify etc. | Retro Indie Pop (updated November 2021)

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jwnicholson
Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:51 pm

x

Re: Backtracked | Video Uploaded/Now on Spotify etc. | Retro Indie Pop (updated November 2021)

steevm wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 11:53 am

I call it "finishing" them :D

I've got a lot of tracks where I reached that point where I really didn't have the motivation to continue because they've or less reached the point where the arrangement is there, and all that's left is the technical polishing. I don't particularly enjoy doing that for the most part, so I do it in stops and starts so I don't totally destroy my motivation and never want to touch the track again.

I like the process of writing/arranging tracks, which I would call the "creative" part. I don't care all that much for the technical part, it's just a necessary evil. In an ideal world, someone else would do all the boring stuff instead :D
I know what you mean.

I used to not worry so much (or even care much) about what you refer to as the technical part. Except that when I finished the "creative" part, when I went back to listen to them later, they never sounded as good as I thought the should in my head. I finally got to the point where I realized no one other than myself was going to step in and polish them up to the point where they were listenable to anyone other than close friends and family, so I had to start learning the technical part.

As time goes on though, I find I have started to enjoy that part more as well.

WasteFifty
Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:29 pm

x

Re: Backtracked | Video Uploaded/Now on Spotify etc. | Retro Indie Pop (updated November 2021)

Steevm what do you say about mixing, volume lev...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WasteFifty
Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:11 am

x

Well, I do not know if it is Steve's birthday
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ASUNDER
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:12 am

x

Re: Backtracked | Done? | Retro Indie Pop (updated 15 November 2019)

WasteFifty wrote: ↑Wed Nov 10, 2021 7:06 pm Son...
Last edited by ASUNDER on Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Song Exchange”