House of Cards | Mix by Epic Audio! - please read edit to first post | Pop (again)

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
steevm
Thu May 17, 2018 8:32 pm

x

Re: House of Cards | Reworked mix - please read edit to first post | Pop (again)

So I did a round of tweaks:
  • Bass is less bassy around 60-100 Hz
  • Kick is (a lot) more bassy around 60-100 Hz and has a little bit more top end click
  • Moved the snare boost from 2.5K to around 3.9Hz; sounds better without sounding very different. Interesting :)
  • Notched out a few frequencies from the vocals that were overpowering the mix. I did this on the bus so it might not be perfect. By this point my ears were getting tired, so I stopped when I thought it had cleared up just a bit.
  • Added some air to the vocals (and a de-esser afterwards for taming purposes).
  • Drums are going through a tape sim. Maybe I still want to mess with the drive level.
Link is here if you were checking the latest posts:

While doing this, I noticed that on the spectrum analyser, the bass from the kick thud seems a bit low compared to the other frequencies, but I'm, hearing it quite loud. So I'm not sure if my speakers are just giving me a bit too much bass. Would be good to know, so I can adjust them a bit.

Epic Audio
Fri May 18, 2018 2:02 pm

x

Re: House of Cards | Reworked mix - please read edit to first post | Pop (again)

Hey steevm, back on your track again, I hope yo...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Epic Audio
Sun May 20, 2018 1:06 pm

x

The new mix version is sounding much better and...
Last edited by Epic Audio on Mon May 21, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Epic Audio
Sun May 27, 2018 6:55 am

x

So here is an alternative Mix of House of Cards...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

summerdanceproject
Sun May 27, 2018 12:55 pm

x

I think Steevm's vocals sound a little bit bett...
Last edited by summerdanceproject on Mon May 28, 2018 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Epic Audio
Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:46 pm

x

Re: House of Cards | Mix by Epic Audio! - please read edit to first post | Pop (again)

steevm wrote:Thanks to everyone for the feedbac...
Last edited by Epic Audio on Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Epic Audio
Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:38 pm

x

Re: House of Cards | Mix by Epic Audio! - please read edit to first post | Pop (again)

Hey steevm, hey community, so here is the next...
Last edited by Epic Audio on Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Song Exchange”