Come Unstuck | New WIP | Trip-hop (Bristol Sound)

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
steevm
Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:37 pm

x

Come Unstuck | New WIP | Trip-hop (Bristol Sound)

I started this track the day after the Tricky concert I think, but it was just a collection of a few ideas. Loaded it up last night and added some keys, random vocal ad-libs and gave it some kind of structure. It's ended up sounding less like Tricky or Massive Attack, and more like Portishead to me, dunno what you guys think.

I'm happy with the overall sound of things. It might be a little bit busier in the arrangement than some of the stuff it's inspired by. I don't think I've gone overboard though, have I?

This is a bit of a blend between live jam and loop-based arrangement. The guitars are a series of different loops I recorded and arranged on the playlist. The keys were played as a full take over the length of the song, and I just cut it in a few places. The drums are pretty simple, and based on a basic loop on purpose. But if you think they're a bit boring and need a bit more variation let me know. They're not the same from start to finish, but not hugely varied either.

Vocals were ad-libbed, and I'm not sure if I'm going to leave them like that or not. Your thoughts appreciated.

Return to “Song Exchange”