Look Up | Featuring a talkbox choir | Electro-Futurist Fantasy

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Schwa Iska
Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:05 am

x

Look Up | Featuring a talkbox choir | Electro-Futurist Fantasy

Uploading every Monday, even if it's a W.I.P.

I recorded this several years ago, but it was just a sketch for a long time. I used a technique I'd never used before and have yet to use since on a scale quite like this. I made a "talkbox choir". It's essentially 7 different voices doing a three part harmony which makes 21 different tracks in total playing all at once. Each of the 7 voices is tuned slightly differently. You could also think of it as a super saw choir.

Each track was pre-sequenced in FL Studio in Sytrus and when I recorded it I sent it out to my talkbox. I wasn't playing keyboard or guitar while I was doing this as you normally would.

In addition to the 21 tracks singing the harmony, I had a bass part which was just one voice. I've got to tell you that those bass frequencies feel really weird when they're rattling around in your mouth.

That covers the basic sketch I started several years ago. In addition to that I added some tabla, an 808 style bass, harpsichord, and some other monophonic lead synth sounds. The main melody is played by a flute and was written by my spouse. It was originally from a vocal take and there are in fact some lyrics that you won't get to hear... yet.

Return to “Song Exchange”