Blood & Crystal || Vertigo Fox weekend special! :D

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Alter-Fox
Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:14 am

x

Blood & Crystal || Vertigo Fox weekend special! :D

I love learning a new instrument -- even when I'm not playing so well, or having to use audio recording + splicing tricks to get the lines that I want to play, it's still re-energizing my creative process, encouraging me to write in new ways, and just changing my perspective on music itself. In short, it's awesome and everyone should do it. :P

This is what I was writing for guitar practice this week, after going to a live performance of Welcome To Nightvale -- which may have influenced me a little bit, or more than a little bit. I don't want to release it publicly when I'm focusing on getting a small album ready for public release -- all my public stuff is directed towards that for the time being -- but I had so much fun writing, playing, singing and even listening afterwards to this little standalone song that I couldn't leave it to rot on my hard drive in the meantime. My playing is not perfect -- it's never really been on any instrument -- but for this type of music that I like to write I don't really feel that's a negative. It can't be about getting to the best possible place because then that would mean staying in the same place and that goes against every fiber of who I am and what I write about. Always improving is better than perfect.
So you guys can get it first, if you want it. And if you wanna tell me it's actually a horrible and irredeemable piece of garbage, go ahead. You probably won't change my mind. :)
Blood & Crystal.mp3
The extreme alliteration is how you can tell I was working through a writers' block. It helps and unlike many things that help, it's fun.

Seeming somehow exotic
Liquid rose petals fallen into dirt
Just enough to awake primal thirst
To have you about to burst
Just like when all the world fades away
Except for your body, mind and prey
An invasive individual, invisible
You want, you need to join the fray

But don't you feel haunted?
Feel there's something you just can't ignore?
Don't your eyes just burn like the hearts of embers?
When there's blood on the crystal and it's not yours

(I said there's blood on the crystal)

Such a powerful shell
To be trapped in
Such a beautiful hide
To be inside when you lose your mind
Rosy drops dissolved in the dirt
Enough to excite the bloodthirst
Feels like when the world goes backstage
Like when the claws come out, like when you roar that rage
But you know how that feels, don't you?

This invisible invader's come to see
Someone somewhere seeming somehow to sing something
To blow cool breeze over these two bodies
But mind and tail still quivering

Don't you feel haunted?
Feel there's something you just can't ignore?
Don't your eyes just burn like the hearts of embers?
When there's blood on the crystal and it's not yours

(Well there's blood on the crystal)
(There's blood on the crystal and it's mine)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Song Exchange”