Unfinished song could use some input - "The Sun"

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
DethLark
Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:42 am

x

Unfinished song could use some input - "The Sun"

Unlike the last song I posted I still have the .flp file so I can change things. This one is again very different and different from the last. One of the biggest problems with it is the two people I've had listen to it didn't notice the choir was actually singing words in one part before I told them. I hope it's because they disregarded it thinking that wasn't possible... I plan on adding some slow clean sounding vocals of my own at the beginning and I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with the end but I want it to sound dramatically different than the beginning but within the same contextual framework. Give me any thoughts.

Also this project is competely throttling my computer. I have an intel dual core 6600 2.4 ghz processor with 4gigs of memory (but only a 32 bit operating system), two 8600 graphic cards and a Creative X-FI Pro. I was able to trick windows into letting me use all four gigs with a boot switch and the FL_3GB.exe (so I have 3gigs for FL), I've overclocked my processors to 2.88 ghz, removed many vista system processes, turned off all fancy graphics stuff, added two 4 gig pagefiles on different harddrives than the one that runs FL, cleaned registry, defraged harddrive and pagefile repeatedly, selected the fast but unsafe harddrive speed windows option, selected smart disable on every instrument and effect and its still a close call. FL should start taking advantage of GPU processing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Jed I Knight
Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:47 am

x

DethLark wrote:Unlike the last song I posted I ...

DethLark
Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:57 am

x

Daves255 wrote:DethLark wrote:Unlike the last s...

DethLark
Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:01 am

x

I forgot that I'll work on making the choir wor...

Return to “Song Exchange”