Italoid Frisco / Last Night | 2 collabs | italo disco / 80s pop-rock

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Monkey C
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:47 pm

x

Italoid Frisco / Last Night | 2 collabs | italo disco / 80s pop-rock

Hi everyone,

It's been a pretty long time since I've posted anything here but I recently did a collab with a close friend of mine (prod. name Brassman) and we felt like sharing and asking for some general feedback. I'm seeing mostly new faces here but I still recognize a few from way back like Gloomy and Fitzgrade. Glad to see you guys are still kicking it. Talk about dedication...

Anyway; my buddy's more of a dub/roots/reggae guy and I'm more of a general EDM guy but we figured we'd try our hands at some 80s stuff together. So about 6 months ago we finished a synthy pop/rock song with an 80s feel and recently we started working on this simple but really fun to make italo disco-like track right here:

It's based mostly on just an Fm7 chord and the Fm pentatonic scale but I'm pretty content with how e.g. the pad melody and the lead melody turned out. I'm also pretty content with how the general mix sounds; yet I'm still doubting. I tested on several systems and all seems fine (besides the fact that the "vocals" probably still need some work) but I just remain an eternal doubter when it comes to this part of production...

This is the one we finished about 6 months ago:

We experimented with modes a little bit for the first time with this one. It has a lydian sound for the intro and verses, mixolydian for the post-chorus and the rest is natural minor.

Mostly posting this one just because I feel like it maybe could use at least a couple more listens. In retrospect, though; the mix probably could have used a bit more work. Mostly in the chorus. Not sure though... I also kind of feel that there may be too much bass presence for some of those held bass notes starting at 3:12. Don't know if we will still work on this but any feedback is welcome if anyone also wants to check this one out. At least we might learn some new things again to keep in mind for future tracks.

Cheers!

Return to “Song Exchange”