Skies Eye || Electronic Rock || more focused

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Alter-Fox
Thu May 14, 2020 1:38 pm

x

Skies Eye || Electronic Rock || more focused

The grammar of that title is meant to be a little wonky. ;)
A song about how sometimes the simplest choices, the "this isn't a choice at all" sorts of choices, can be the most difficult ones to make.
Since I've always liked the ideas of creatures and transformations I took the allegory of a deadly situation that you could choose to survive, but that choice would also mean accepting that you are now a monster.

So, with the type of story being told, the song itself had to be very focused around just a couple of ideas and the music tries to reflect that as well. When the whole thing is about finding yourself plummeting a very long way towards the ground, I felt that keeping the momentum of the beat going through the whole song would be the most important thing I could do.
So, I'd say I have a larger amount of electronica/EDM influence here than my usual, since other ideas were often taking a backseat to just keeping that beat and momentum going.
That central allegory also probably has a certain resonance to me, being someone with a phobia of heights and falling. The idea of "danger" being a concept that only really applies to living things is also very interesting to me and snuck its way into my mind as a sort of secondary motif.
Skies Eye.mp3
As far as the instrumentation goes, since my last track gave me a much better look at FLEX and what it can really do, I decided to experiment a lot more with it here.
Getting dropped out of the sky
No warning, no time, no asking why
What are you willing to realize?
Fur and wing and eagle eyes
Such distance before you die
You are danger, spread your wings, stay alive

Decide, you have the will
To lash out, kill, and maul
Make the choice to fly
Or you choose to complete the fall

All x2

Well take your time, beast
It’s still a long, long way down

Blowing naked in the wild open wind
Look your peril in the face, embrace and live it
Like lion-eagle, seize the moment, see it through
All the danger in your world belongs to you
Only if you choose to accept the part
You can self-destruct or you steel your heart

Make up your mind, sky-tyrant
You’ve still got some time left to fall
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Song Exchange”