A message created with music made from math.

to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Aetern
Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:40 pm

x

A message created with music made from math.

I made this last night. I have been trying to make a message with music for quite some time; and last night I had a lift of my writer's block. I was thinking something like poetry & music combined into a short (<1:00) song combo. My goal was to make as beautiful a message as I could in under a minute; not to create song.

This song was made with 35 bars/degrees; 142.857 tempo; the notes are 7,7,7,and 9. The difference in the note sequenced steps to create the piano theme in the background is purely mathematical; based on 1,4,2,8,5,7; and the sacred numbers of color.

I created the theme based on the Visual color to note converter HCS1.2; which strangely enough; my trial finally expired 44 minutes after using it to create the note base for the music from 3 colors and a triangle I had in a dream. (Turns out I had a dream of using the program to make music from color and math)

I never could make this song/poem/message before; but somehow it all made sense this morning; I stayed up till 6:16 making it! I decided to name it after my friend's child relative; for the creation he inspired in me; and his name derived from the Arch Angel; or chief messenger.

I used the Essence of Zen book for a quotation; and a message also of my own at the end.

I used a TASCAM US-122L/ CAD GXL3000MIC to record.

I hope I did it justice. I did not use normal music making methods at all to make this. It was created out of respect for the beauty of numbers and God; and is a mathematical base; formulated music; not creative base; but creation based.

I hope you like it.

It is 0:58.x (0:59) long

Oh yeah; and I worked my freaking but off making sense of turning math and color into piano music =P

DL if you want;

Gabriel's Song of Anuncianoim.

-Sean/Aetern

BTW
(thank God for that program that helped in converting color to notes!) You might do a google search and DL it for yourself! I found it useful for expression!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

GGonz
Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:45 pm

x

i almost laughed (how its so serious and what n...

Thomas Ziano
Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:36 am

x

It seems like a very interesting tool, the 'vis...

Aetern
Wed Oct 08, 2008 8:34 pm

x

The software company strangely went out of busi...

Return to “Song Exchange”