full flight (looking for critique)

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
hidrux
Mon May 03, 2021 4:36 am

x

Re: full flight (looking for critique)

Sounds like you got some major standing wave in the recordings, if your going to go for something to use in final cut consider a microphone thing; I'm not sure what they are called yet.
MicrophoneSheild.jpg
Much better work on the vibrato.

Sounds like your pulling from your throat, unless that's the style you want, it's better to pull from your diaphragm. Judging from from your style it might be better to do some breathing exercises and practice pulling from your diaphragm.

It is possible to train to pull from the throat, although, as I've said with your style, expect to be throwing ice bags on your throat after sessions.

There are only two singers that I know sing from the throat, that's Corey Taylor from Slip Knot and Stevie Nicks of Fleetwood Mac. I'm pretty sure Corey Taylor's throat bleeds sometimes and his career life is shorter because of it.

In contrast, someone in the same kind of range is Jonathan Davis of Korn; I'm pretty sure he sings from the diaphragm. It's almost evident watching him in live sets. I imagine he still has to ice bag but not as drastic.

Singing from the diaphragm also gives better volume control.

Another singer where diaphragm is evident is Chad Kroeger of Nickle Back, who seems to have mastered it and probably has a ton of volume range. It's too bad promoters totally black balled their career by booking them for a metal show when they are hard rock; great song writer, singer, and great instrumentation from the band IMO.

Just my opinions, and considering when you started sharing your vocals, you have defiantly developed more confidence, which can be important; assuming your developing your skills and talent. Which I feel you are and the reason I willing to give feedback.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

hidrux
Tue May 04, 2021 1:36 pm

x

Re: full flight (looking for critique)

Ran it through a bunch of iZotope post: nickl...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Song Exchange”