Electro / Bass House - Feedback is Appreciated! One year into learning FL

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
whatupsilon
Sat Jul 17, 2021 2:15 am

x

Electro / Bass House - Feedback is Appreciated! One year into learning FL

FL Gang!

So I bought FL back in like 2015 along with a DJ controller, and didn't touch it until the pandemic. Was just busy working and honestly, I found the learning curve really steep and I couldn't read anything until I increased the view zoom.

Well since COVID I took some time watching Youtube and I stumbled into it. I feel I've learned most of the plugins etc, and now I'm trying to study modern EDM tracks and expand musically. I really want to learn to come up with better ideas, and especially get way faster at producing, so that I can focus on writing better melodies, arranging etc. Maybe one day with some dedication I can do this as a side gig.

Anyway, after discovering the forum here, I jumped right in and gave some feedback to other producers... and figured if I inadvertently crushed their creations, I might as well crush my own. Especially since during COVID I haven't been sharing much with actual music people, and so I think I can really use some real criticism to get better.

By the way, this track was created randomly after listening to some Future Bass styled tracks of Mike Williams. I'd call it electro house but it's pretty bass heavy and has some dark synthwave elements. I was just wanting to learn what the timing in the piano roll was like.

I only used FL Studio plugins and drums as an added challenge, but I did use some risers and transitions from Splice. Ended up using Flex, and Sytrus because I've been learning sound design in that.
Definitely needs more polishing, but my ears are bleeding.

Please let me know what you think, and especially how the mixing/mastering sounds, sound selection, and what kind of breaks I might need to throw in there. I am still getting the hang of Maximus, and it took me like 5 hours to make this. I mixed on computer speakers because my interface is getting repaired :cry:
Another_Lockdown--First_Upload--Electro_House.mp3
Problems
-Mix gets muddy as it goes on
-Intro kinda meh
-outro kinda meh
-the big room style stabs 3/4 way through force the track into clipping even after trying to gain stage better
-bass is pretty boring melodically, don't know if it works. It's literally two notes with layers on top--but this was just practice...

Thanks for the feedback and anyone who read this! I'd be happy to return the favor on any of your tracks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Song Exchange”