Nostalgic Remembrance | I want your thoughts | Electronic

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
wiredrawnlogic
Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:45 am

x

Nostalgic Remembrance | I want your thoughts | Electronic

First of all, this is an old track, probably 7 or 8 years old. I listened to it recently and I believe it's one of my best creatively. I actually made 2 other versions of it, they all vary slightly, but this one, which is actually the 3rd version, is my favorite. If you listen to all of them, they blend together seamlessly. I used to listen to all three on repeat after I made them. I've always made music for myself and have never truly been interested in pursuing a career in music, it's just a hobby. The various melodies probably get old to some people, but for me - when I actually want to listen to it - I love the repetition, it sustains the way I feel and there is enough variation for me to want to keep listening.

I also want to point out that this is probably one of the only tracks I've made where I played the original melody with my hand on my midi controller. I don't like the recording process, so I usually avoid it, having to go back and edit off times, where sometimes quantizing will just screw it up more. It was just one progression I played with the midi controller, then edited the rest of the various melodies/progressions in the piano roll from the original key it was in.

Also, I haven't produced a full track for at least 3 years (anything I posted recently on SC, I found on my computer), and I feel like my inspiration has run dry, so it may never happen again. So I just wanted to share this with some random people to see what they think. Anyways here's the link:

And for anyone that enjoys that one, here's the full playlist with the other 2 (apparently only one song is appearing according to the preview, so you may have to go to my SC profile and go all the way to the bottom to find the playlist) :

Return to “Song Exchange”