Madame Lafur's Theme (Metamorphosis) | Collab with Diblis/Thalia Solaris | Your-guess-as-good-as-mine

Place to exchange music made in FL Studio with others

Return to “Song Exchange”

Forum rules
Songs uploaded to this forum must have titles in the following format:

Song Title | Free comment | Genre

If uploading files here please use mp3 format. Or use a Soundcloud or Clyp.it link that will play in the forum. If you want to share FL Studio projects please use the 'flp exchange' forum.
[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
steevm
Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:44 pm

x

Madame Lafur's Theme (Metamorphosis) | Collab with Diblis/Thalia Solaris | Your-guess-as-good-as-mine

Hey guys!

Been working on another collab with Diblis/Thalia Solaris for a while now (if you missed the last one, it's here).

A word of warning: it's kinda long so we made a shorter version. But the full track is definitely very varied, which should go some way to making the length justifiable.

Genre is presumably somewhere in the IDM/Complextro/Breakbeat corner, but there's all sorts of influences at play here. There's a bunch of guitar parts (with a somewhat industrial metal feel IMO), some dub influences (particularly towards the end, but also via other genres that dub has influenced) etc. etc. But who cares about genres and pigeon-holing?!?! Just listen to the track and make up your own mind. Then post your genre suggestions below!

This is the long version:

This is the shorter version with some of the weird chaotic stuff removed:

Most of this track is made with stock plugins (especially Harmor), but there's also things like Glitch 2 and Buffer Override, Amplitube on most of the guitars, and Trash 2 on the bass guitar.

This track has been through a lot of iterations, and we've reworked the second half of the track (from the breakdown) multiple times to try and find a balance between "crazy shit" and "listenable track". It is meant to be a little bit weird, but I'd also hope that it remains listenable nonetheless.

If you have any suggestions etc., we would be very happy to hear them. I don't think we're going to rip the track apart, but if you hear ugliness in the mix or something really isn't working for you, let us know. Your insights are much appreciated!
Last edited by steevm on Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

WasteFifty
Wed Nov 03, 2021 6:27 am

x

Re: Madame Lafur's Theme (Metamorphosis) | Collab with Diblis/Thalia Solaris | Your-guess-as-good-as-mine

Good track, the instruments play skillfull in c...
Last edited by WasteFifty on Sat Nov 06, 2021 11:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Song Exchange”