Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
AdventureKid
Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:11 pm

x

Freezing: Dedicated freeeze audio tracks

freezefls.jpg
Hi,

First off, the new UX enhancements with tracks and stuff for FL 20.1.1 is AWESOME. Really nice that it both makes it much easier to keep organized and that it still lets me be crazy as well.

I was hoping for some improvement in the freezing part of things, it still do improve my freezing workflow already by being a bit more organized with the new tools but it would be awesome to make it even better maybe... It could also help to keep midi + hardware audio clips 'linked' but my main idea is about how feezing in FL could work.
A quick fix might be to be able to choose a track where 'disc recording > render to wav' would have the option to choose a audio-clip where it always render to, it would remove a lot of work for me.
Freezing an instrument track happy path

Freezing an instrument track's mixer insert for the first time
  • I click the freeze icon on a mixer track and I get a question if I want to freeze the track yes/cancel (as it will interrupt workflow). I click yes.
  • The freeze icon is changed to orange / active
  • There is a playlist track created under the instrument playlist track where the audio is rendered to (full song, 32 bit, Stereo)
  • I should not be able to move the audio-clip
  • The mixer inserts plugins are muted and should not be able to turn it on, it should also be remember what what effects was unmuted before freezing.
  • As this is a instrument track so the mixer insert has a instrument connected that instrument is also muted in a state that cant be unmuted it should also be remebered if the instrument was muted before freezing.
  • The mixer inserts volume slider now effects the audio channels gain (either by just connected or maybe by running it the audio clip through the insert, in that case it needs to be rendered before the mixer gain affects the volume). This is because one main thing you want to do is to continue to mix frozen tracks and easily go back and fourth.
  • While frozen I should not be able to change anything in the instrument or effects, automation will off course effect the states as they are awesomely universal in FL.
  • It would be cool if the state of the instrument and effects could be remembered, and it's connection but still really unloaded from the RAM/CPU. But it works pretty well as is now wich is that if I have the smart enable on the CPU is very little effected but any ram is still used.
Unfreezing a track for the first time
  • As the track is frozen the icon in the mixer insert is orange. I click it.
  • The icon gets its off state, blue gray.
  • It mutes the audio-clip in a state where I cant mute it or maybe delete it altogether.
  • It turns the muted effects in the mixer insert back on. (if effects was muted before the freeze it should be remembered)
  • It turns on the instrument
Freezing a track after frozen before
  • It re renders the track into the existing audio track.
  • Same stuff as in "Freezing an instrument track's mixer insert for the first time" except maybe not creating a new audio-clip just swapping out the content of the first one
Freezing a mixer insert happy path

Freezing a mixer insert for the first time
  • I click the freeze icon on a mixer track and I get a question if I want to freeze the track yes/cancel (as it will interrupt workflow). I click yes.
  • The freeze icon is changed to orange / active
  • There is a playlist track created where the audio is rendered to (full song, 32 bit, Stereo)
  • I should not be able to move the audio-clip
  • The mixer inserts plugins are muted and should not be able to turn it on, it should also be remember what what effects was unmuted before freezing.
  • The mixer inserts volume slider now effects the audio channels gain (either by just connected or maybe by running it the audio clip through the insert, in that case it needs to be rendered before the mixer gain affects the volume). This is because one main thing you want to do is to continue to mix frozen tracks and easily go back and fourth.
  • While frozen I should not be able to change anything in the effects, automation will off course effect the states as they are awesomely universal in FL.
  • It would be cool if the state of the effects could be remembered, and theirs connections but still really unload from the RAM/CPU. But it works pretty well as is now which is that if I have the smart enable on the CPU is very little effected but any ram is still used.
Unfreezing a mixer insert for the first time
  • As the mixer insert is frozen the icon in the mixer insert is orange. I click it.
  • The icon gets its off state, blue gray.
  • It mutes the audio-clip in a state where I cant mute it or maybe delete it altogether.
  • It turns the muted effects in the mixer insert back on. (if effects was muted before the freeze it should be remembered)
Freezing a mixer insert after frozen before
  • It re renders the mixer insert into the existing audio track.
  • Same stuff as in "Freezing a track for the first time" except maybe not creating a new audio-clip, just swapping the content in the existing one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”