But this is impossible to use Patcher to create Patcher presets without meeting painful problems..
And you may have noticed that a new trend making patcher presets is coming, led by Frank Pole (Francesco in Patcher Presets forum section..) so updating this plug-in may not be a waste of time. To me, Patcher is an underrated tool of FL and is a big part of its future. Let's stop talking and jump into the problems / requests.
About the "Map" Section.
The biggest problem of the map is the organization, and then a few things.
- 1. Request : Being able to resize plug-ins thumbnail. Maybe only smaller, for image quality reasons.
2. Request : Add a cable-management mode where you can move plug-ins and their cables, like making them going where we want like the following example :
3. Request* : Being able to duplicate multiple plug-ins in one action. Like selecting multiple plug-ins/items, then the "save preset as" would work for each selected plug-in/item.
4. Request : Duplicating an item would also duplicate its actived input/outputs nodes (but not its cables of course).
When it comes to make good plug-ins interfaces (without any fancy design!) like this one, it comes to be a mess and it shouldn't be as hard to create a good UI.
- 5. Problem* : The "Align Controls" Tool doesn't feel working fine. It makes things more messy than before.
6. Problem : The grid isn't visible anymore on top of backgrounds (named "bevels") and it should be, but a more transparent way than on the canvas.
7. Problem* : When we active the grid, there is a HUGE mouse sensitivity deadzone when we try to move items, so it's barely impossible to move them of one/two/three squares of the grid. In my opinion, just delete this deadzone!
8. Request* : As it's hard to tell when we put the same space between two sections like between "Texture" / "Colors" and "Colors / Reverb" on the e-rhodiano. It would be insane but maybe too hard to develop to get an indicator looking like this placed in the matching spaces.
9. Request : If you find too hard to develop this space matching indicator (and I would totally understand that), we could zoom in and out to see the pixels, and count them, to manually match our spaces. We could zoom using ctrl + scroll as usual in FL Studio.
10. Problem* : Even with the "Typing keyboard to piano keyboard" option disabled, hitting E doesn't open the Edit mode. If I don't want to resize my patcher window to have empty canvas space and then right click on empty space then click "edit", I found spamming E and spamming click on an element could, sometimes, enable the edit mode but.. I shouldn't have to do that!
Bonus : over grouping using ctrl or alt, and slow-moving holding shift, adding more shortcuts using ctrl, shift, alt would be insane for workflow.
- 11. Problem* : We can't overwrite existing presets. Using the Drag n Drop button may be a good idea.
12. Problem : The picked color is not the same than the reality, in the rail section. IT seems to depend on the rail style, but please just keep the color we want..
On this screenshot, we also see the beginning of the consequences of not being able to overwrite presets..
13. Request : When we pick a color inside control surface, the very old color picking UI pops up and it's a mess to pick a color with this. Please replace by your new color pikcing UI!
PS: For some points, I may just misuse patcher, don't even hesitate to tell me if their is a way to do some of these things.