Ultimate To Do List

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Jhatcher
Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:01 pm

x

Ultimate To Do List

This is a comprehensive list of everything I feel is needed to make FL Studio a fully featured audio recording program that would absolutely destroy the other DAW's. FL's mixer, along with midi editing and "production" tools already destroys other DAW's. For reference, I primarily write progressive metal. I record guitars and bass, and program drums, synth and bass for my songs. I WANT to only use FL Studio for everything without even thinking about other DAW's. Please forgive me if any of these are already a thing, but I did as much research as I could before making this list. Let's make FL Studio the DAW that is the go-to for EVERYONE.

1. Automatic Link of Mixer tracks to Playlist Tracks:
An option to have a "traditional" audio recording environment, where the Playlist has respective Mixer faders linked to it without having to assign it. This could be a Preference setting or Template. If needed, you could still unlink Playlist tracks manually.
This would primarily be used for External Input recording, where we are not dragging instruments onto Playlist
Headers to auto link the Plugin Instrument to the Playlist and Mixer.

2. Playlist is container for Audio Clips when Auto Link (above) is chosen :
Instead of the Audio clip itself being the container for Audio, when Auto Link (request #1, above this request) is chosen, the Playlist Track (which would be auto linked to a Mixer Track) is now the container for the Audio. This would be the way most other DAW's handle audio recording.
Audio Clips can still be container for Audio if they are recorded on non- linked Mixer/Playlist Tracks.

3. Playlist Headers have Record Arm Buttons:
Each Playlist track that is linked to a fader gets a Record Arm button directly on the header. To keep it clean looking, the "A" that lives on a linked playlist could be that button.
THIS HAS BEEN DONE WITH BETA 7

4. Audio and Midi Clip Cuts Automatically Unique:
When cutting (slicing) clips on the Playlist, the separated cuts are now Unique. This would be a Preference setting.

5. Fade Handles at start and end of Audio Clips in the Playlist:
This would eliminate the need to open a menu and pick "declicking" etc. for a more traditional approach.

6. Merging Audio Clips does not Consolidate:
When merging audio clips, they should stay in the exact state they are in before merging: they DO NOT consolidate. No menu pops up; simply just merge the 2 clips at the point they are merged in the playlist, without saving plugin data, preserving the raw audio wave form. That wave form should now behave exactly how it did before the merge, with plugins on the mixer still affecting them the same way as they did when the original clips were recorded. That clip should stay associated with that Mixer channel.

7. Tempo Automation:
Just fix it. It is awful. And allow the curve to go higher than 180 without having to adjust Min/Max knobs.

8. Tempo Change with Marker:
Add an option on Markers to change the tempo abruptly at the Marker. No automation needed.

9. Tempo Change Doesn't completely destroy/ stretch Audio Clips previously recorded before it:
Audio clips recorded before the tempo change occurs live in their own happy little world, completely unaffected by the tempo change that happens after.

10. Metronome Beat Subdivisions:
Add a function to the metronome to add subdivisions (add an eighth note, sixteenth, triplet etc) without having to change tempo when tracking/ recording audio. Each subdivision should have it's own selectable sound/ pitch.

11. Auto Unarm previously Armed track(s) upon Arming a different track:
Left clicking an Arm button will unarm any currently Armed tracks, while Arming the desired track. Right clicking the Arm button of the desired track Arm it, and will leave any Armed tracks still Armed. Alt+ Right Click will open the "Record Insert to" window.

12. Duplicate (Clone) Playlist & Mixer Tracks:
Add an option in the right-click menu of the Mixer and Playlist headers to Clone the Track- 1 option to "Clone Entire Content" and 1 to "Clone Mixer State". The cloned track will create a perfect duplicate below the current Playlist and next to the current Mixer Track.
This will be a separate option from the "Save Mixer State" drag and drop method, and will work on Linked Playlist/ Mixer tracks.
ACCOMPLISHED IN BETA 8

13. Gradient Color Mixer Option:
Add an option to select multiple Mixer tracks, and Gradient Color them without having to link them to the playlist.

14. Movable Mixer Track EQ
Add an option to move the 3 band Mixer Track EQ between FX Slots. You could right-click the Mixer EQ and have an option to "Move Up or Down". The Mixer EQ will then shift up between the FX slots and take effect in that position of the FX Chain.

This is everything I can think of. I realize several of these needs every time I start to record my songs in FL. Right now I just use FL Studio for ideas/ fun, and have to move to Ableton to fully record my songs (primary issues are tempo automation, and the way FL handles audio when I am recording 8+ guitar tracks, merging tracks etc.

Thank you guys, and I hope everyone is having an excellent day :)
Last edited by Jhatcher on Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Charul
Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:22 am

x

Re: Ultimate To Do List

amazing idea man , I Will Give 'Infinity +'

Jhatcher
Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:38 pm

x

Charul wrote: ↑Sun Nov 21, 2021 5:22 am amazing...

Jhatcher
Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:29 pm

x

Marked off Feature Request 3, this has been acc...

noahjohansen
Tue Nov 23, 2021 5:18 pm

x

Totally agree with this! Please, Image-Line:)))

Jhatcher
Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:50 pm

x

Marked off item 12, this has more or less been ...

Rarefaktion
Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:27 pm

x

You missed an important one. I wish you could ...

Jhatcher
Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:24 pm

x

Rarefaktion wrote: ↑Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:27 pm Yo...

jameslee04
Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:35 pm

x

I love all these requests. I just wish i could ...

TheZaneAlexander
Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:58 pm

x

jameslee04 wrote: ↑Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:35 pm I j...

blacktronics
Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:31 pm

x

regarding Jhatcher wrote: ↑Thu Nov 18, 2021 4:...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”