Patcher FLVST subproject missing issue

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Matthieu
Fri May 13, 2022 10:29 pm

x

Patcher FLVST subproject missing issue

Hi, it would be great if FL Studio would store FL VST and FL VSTi subprojects under different files when saving and saving as new version...
For example: My_Latest_Project.FLP, My_Latest_Project.flvstcache.1.flp for first instance, My_Latest_Project.flvstcache.2.flp for a potential second instance, and so on, as far as the "FL-Ception" goes, to quote the FL Studio Guru, FLVST tutorial video, more precisely.

I'm asking this because I've got a project that uses FL VST inside and it lost its project after a bunch of saves. I'm not even sure for how long it's been lost. But I can recover it from older versions, as long as I load the right one.

The "save" manager could be revamped at some point so that project folder structures are generated when creating a new project so that project history is accumulated orderly and all files are grouped in generated folders for their type, like when exporting project data, really, but making project data structure with a Git-alike progression on project history of course keeping the standard FLP format as the basis and keeping things simple.

So, yeah. If there were a folder structure like that it would have space for the storage of FL VST's subproject, versioned, following the _1 versioning structure and naming.
It could store Edison files, on-track recording, and again, work with a procedural auto-naming process to keep things coherent.

Anyways. I'll manage to recover the lost FL VST subproject but I think that the suggested fix would keep things organized well...

Yeah, so, further describing the actual issue with FL VST, the instance, in Patcher, is plugged correctly, it's just that its subproject got lost and default project is loaded instead.

Hevy (IL)
Technical Support
Mon May 16, 2022 4:03 pm

x

Re: Patcher FLVST subproject missing issue

Hi there. Please post suggestions and improvem...

Matthieu
Wed May 18, 2022 4:37 pm

x

Re: Patcher FLVST subproject missing issue

It's a bug. A bug in which I suggest a solution...

Return to “To Do”