Apply Chosen Groove to All Channels or Group Channels of A Pattern

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
jesussaddle
Sun May 29, 2022 2:44 am

x

Apply Chosen Groove to All Channels or Group Channels of A Pattern

I agree that having an Alt Q "apply all" for all selected patterns (or all patterns in a group, or all patterns) would be ideal.

I would also like some way to get the swing knob to take on a different groove (including swinging the 8th notes rather than 16ths but I think that is part of the same idea - i.e. if you can select which groove applies to the channels in the channel rack (with amounts per channel and the master amount "to rule them all" as well) I think you would be able to do an 8th swing as well as the current swung 16ths.

XO Drums and things like this have a global groove area, and it allows many varieties of grooves.including 8ths and 16ths. Of course taste is required but you can apply the swing mathematically to weird units, for example 8th swing to existing triplets or 16ths. It doesn't always sound bad, surprisingly.

But main idea is that if you're doing individual drum part lanes (kick, snare, hhcl, hhop, clap) you can apply a groove to all of the notes in your entire pattern (or a current group as shown in the channel rack).

Return to “To Do”