Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
FireWalk
Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:35 pm

2 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

There are problems with organization & automation.
The problems occur because of the unique Fl studio workflow. In Ableton we also work with clips, but organization work much better in there. The solution to the two problems is the same; A hierarchy structure (what I refer to as folder tracks in the playlist).

When I se professional producers working in other daws, the first thing they do is to set up folders and groups. Because it's important to keep it organized or it will be pritty darn difficult to keep working creatively as the project (and mess) grows. The problem with FL is that there is no good way of preventing this from happening, because you simply can't organize things like you can in Cubase, Live, Studio One, Logic Pro etc where there is a hierarchy structure.

In those daws the automation is linked to the track. Even Ableton which also operate using clips, much like FL, has only one track pr instrument. So the automation follwos the same rule in there.
FL is unique in that regard, because automation clips are independent clips that take up space within the playlis. This means that the FL playlist will tend to be filled up much faster than any other daw, and that combined with the fact that automation can't be hidden and the playlist can't be organized using a hierarchy structure is in my oppinion a disaster!
If you have 20 instruments and you have 2 automation parameters for each one, that's 40 automation clips that will take up space in the playlist. So while you would end up with 20 tracks in any other daw, you end up with 60 tracks in Fl.
I will say it again: there is no daw in the world that needs a hierarchy structure more than FL Studio, due to the unique workflow. Yet they all have it, exept FL studio. It almost sounds like some kind of joke.

The average Fl studio user who only know of FL probably won't even think about this. But anyone who has ever used another DAW will quickly see how hopeless it is to work with large projects in FL compared to any other daw due to the lack of this A hierarchy structure.

It's like working on a desk with houndreds of papers everywhere, and you want to find something. Compared to other daws, where the "desk" is neatly organized, and all the papers are sorted and placed into drawers that are named. I think everyone can agree that they would prefer working on the organized desk with drawers, rather than the desk where everything was just throwed on top of the desk in a pile.

The solution to the problems is clear: A hierarchy structure (folders). But it just don't seem like this is something that has a high priority. Perhaps this is because allot of FL studio users are hio hop & trap producers who don't utilize enough tracks that it becomes a problem for them. This is probably also why Fl is often considered to be a "hip hop & trap daw".
I find that Fl studio is a very capable daw. The only drawback is the organization, or lack of it. If this had been improved it would make FL studio much more attractive to allot of producers who is currently using other daws due to Fl's unorganized workflow. Perhaps even some of the ones who has switched to other daws in the past would consider switching back. Surely this must be in Image Line's best interest. :)


Scoox
Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:36 am

0 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Ayjent wrote:djfirewalk wrote:True! The botom l...

FireWalk
Sun Feb 21, 2016 4:10 pm

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

I agree, I think everyone does this. I too alwa...

einfachfelix
Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:36 pm

0 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

well i disagree on this one. I think a lot of p...


FireWalk
Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:46 pm

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

einfachfelix wrote:well i disagree on this one....

soundspinner
Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:57 pm

2 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Yes this would make Fl alot more easy to use in...

einfachfelix
Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:46 pm

5 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

it would be really nice to have feedback from t...


kocho1984
Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:58 pm

6 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Folder tracks functionality is crucial for many...

Scoox
Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:24 am

2 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

I'm sure they've heard us, this thread has been...

einfachfelix
Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:32 am

0 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Scoox wrote:I'm sure they've heard us, this thr...

Scoox
Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:41 pm

0 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

einfachfelix wrote:Scoox wrote:I'm sure they've...

FireWalk
Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:50 pm

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

kocho1984 wrote:Folder tracks functionality is ...

einfachfelix
Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:20 am

4 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

djfirewalk wrote:kocho1984 wrote:Folder tracks ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FireWalk
Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:09 pm

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

einfachfelix wrote:djfirewalk wrote:kocho1984 w...

Dynaudio82
Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:06 pm

7 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Bump this thread.... you cannot imagine how ea...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

av7
Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:56 am

2 x

Re: Add sub tracks, Hide automation.

djfirewalk wrote:Gloomer: It's basically about ...

Icenburg
Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:20 am

2 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

This is a great idea, but i think if you're goi...

Dynaudio82
Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:29 pm

7 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Folders and hide automations is really need it....

Scoox
Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:54 pm

0 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Of course it's easy to do a mockup and ask for ...

Dynaudio82
Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:51 am

2 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Scoox wrote:Of course it's easy to do a mockup ...

Hrache
Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:27 pm

2 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Group automation clips separately then patterns...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

FireWalk
Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:22 pm

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Max Pyger wrote:Group automation clips separate...

Jesse!
Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:58 pm

5 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

I love mixing in the mixer and routing. But the...

kocho1984
Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:45 pm

4 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Exactly. Extensive playlist improvements should...

Dynaudio82
Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:03 am

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Secondly, there's the issue of workflow and spe...

einfachfelix
Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:45 pm

0 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

kocho1984 wrote:Exactly. Extensive playlist imp...

FireWalk
Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:23 pm

2 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Dynaudio82 wrote:exactly in Ableton live is jus...
Last edited by FireWalk on Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kocho1984
Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:36 pm

3 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

einfachfelix wrote:fl already is the best daw ....

Dynaudio82
Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:24 pm

0 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Other daws has automation lanes connected to th...


AriasMusic
Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:22 pm

2 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

THIS is the main reason why i don't use FL Stud...

FireWalk
Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:57 pm

4 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

AriasMusic wrote:THIS is the main reason why i ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

L. E. Nas
Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:44 am

0 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Ayjent wrote:djfirewalk wrote:L. E. Nas wrote:M...

Kain
Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:26 am

2 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Ayjent wrote:I really think this is something t...

kocho1984
Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:18 am

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

I have just analyzed in detail list of features...


L. E. Nas
Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:52 am

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

kocho1984 wrote:I have just analyzed in detail ...

kocho1984
Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:54 am

0 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

viewtopic.php?p=1164197#p1164197In Scott's post...


FireWalk
Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:42 pm

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

With FL 13 on the horizon, I feel it's importan...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

kocho1984
Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:03 pm

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

I don't know if you saw list of planned feature...

av7
Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:44 pm

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

kocho1984 wrote:I don't know if you saw list of...

FireWalk
Thu Apr 13, 2017 4:04 pm

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

kocho1984 wrote:I don't know if you saw list of...

kocho1984
Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:25 pm

1 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Well, I'll be absolutely honest, I love Cubase ...


L. E. Nas
Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:44 pm

2 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

ErotiCore SteNch wrote:Folder tracks defo needs...

Mister Nosu
Fri May 12, 2017 2:01 pm

4 x

Re: Please add folder tracks to the playlist!

Folders.Folders everywhere!Folders everywheeeee...


Return to “To Do”