Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
benhouse
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:50 pm

x

Split-Stem Channel Rack Export

Hi,

I just had and idea to make exporting stems work for people who use a lot of busses. Split mixer-track export is great, except for the fact that when someone uses busses, any effects applied to that bus will only be apparent on the bus track export, which will include all the other tracks routed through the bus in that track as well. This can be problematic when exporting things to mix, so I came up with an idea.

What if there was a second option, that was called "Split-Stem Channel Rack Export" that exported individual instruments and audio clips from the channel rack, then simply followed the signal all the way through the mixer (basically the same thing as soloing the track and exporting it like that). I realize this might take longer which is fine, but it would definitely help with bussed tracks so you don't have to manually do it.

The only problem I see with this is with send effects (like a reverb send), and how that works is mainly subjective, so I guess you could make an option with this new feature called "enable send effects" so any send in the right dock that the track is sent to will be exported as well. Hope this makes sense. Thanks!

Return to “To Do”