Easier organization

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
YeetusMcgeetus
Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:01 am

x

Easier organization

I am making this post, because I want to switch back to FL, but I remember that being organized was a serious headache in FL. Very time consuming to keep things colored, grouped, change colors of things, etc...

I dont mean to sound nit picky or spoiled but these small things do make a very big difference, at least to me. So below are some suggestions..

1.) Hot key /combo to rename audio/midi/mixer tracks. --- Right clicking and tediously going to rename is a little less convenient and when you have a lot of tracks to do, or if you like to do it on the spot from the get go, it takes just that much more time and kind of takes me out of the groove when being productive in my flow. In Ableton its ctrl+r which I just click something and hit that, then I can even tab to the next one.

2.) Coloring and moving groups on the left side.. --- I cant move groups on the left (or could never figure out how) and I could never quickly re-color a group on the left. In the channels you can! but not the tracks on the left. Why. This makes it harder for us OCD folk. lol

3.) Saving custom colors.. --- It seems to give the option although it never works. I have never been able to do this.

4.) Shortcut key for grid snapping --- Give a shortcut command to widen or shorten the grid to the next size up or down in piano roll and the timeline.

5.) The inability to put 2 of the same audio/midi ontop of eachother in the timeline. --- This would happen somewhat often when I was arranging things, copying and pasting. And I wouldnt notice it sometimes. Like 2 kick drum audio files would be sitting right ontop of eachother. And I wouldnt be able to tell unless I deleted one.

6.) The ability to combine the same audio files --- It would be great to be able to have 4 kick drums lined up for a bar, highlight them, and conjoin them to create a 4 bar kick drum loop. This would be super super helpful for arranging, I tend to work with audio much more than midi. I am sure I speak for others.

7.) Ctrl+F to find plugins + VSTs. --- I know this can be done for samples and native plugins but what about VSTs.

8.) Type values easier --- Again just not a fan of the whole right click and tedious navigation to be sure I am clicking the right option. Would help alot to be able to just click something and type numbers for the value.

****Extra**** Not meaning to trash on FL studio, its an amazing piece of software and again I do have the urge to start using it again, but a lot of this stuff is sort of a dealbreaker to me. BUT PLEASE make more/better native effect plugins.. Compressors, glue compressors, an eq with a graph similar to fab filter or eq8. Parametric 2 is cool and all but I like the traditional graphs, really really really helps me.. Just please, better and more native effect plugins to help polish the audio without me having to pull a tons of a VSTs to get a good sound.

I understand completely that getting a good polished sound is not always the plugin (for the most part) its the user. But lets face it, when it comes to the fruity limiter or the Pro-L 2 or the Izotopes Ozone 8, which are you going to use?.. Some have better algorithms and better interface and are just more user friendly.

I may be asking for a bit much, and again I dont mean to sound spoiled or something.. But the fruity compressor or become one step closer to ruining my CPU with vsts?..
Idk...

Just food for thought, I can get ideas down super quick in FL, but I can polish a sound and keep a good CPU level with little to no PDC at all in ableton much quicker. Its just easier for me to "get the ball rolling" in FL, especially when working with FX and non repetitive elements.

BTW dont hang me for treason haha..

Thanks guys, yall were my first DAW and I love the program. But the PDC issues and organization and CPU load made me switch. I couldnt finish songs, id get to the drop and all of the above became more than hindering.

Thank you guys!

Return to “To Do”