Please give us the ability to split patterns or send each slice to its own channel

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Carbinax
Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:06 pm

0 x

Please give us the ability to split patterns or send each slice to its own channel

Most drum loops are pre-processed as an entire loop. When I send a loop to the slicer I'd like to be able to process each individual slice differently.

Im working on a track where I've sliced my own custom made loops after putting effects on them, but some parts of the loop needs to be treated much differently to the rest, so I have to clone the slicer channel, copy the slices I want, and paste them into the clone. If a loop has 20 slices and I want to split that into individual hits, I have to make 19 cloned channels, copy and paste from one to the other, and it takes a lonnnnng time to do this.

If I make a pattern that has multiple active channels, I can split that so that every channel is in its own independent pattern. What I'm proposing is a similar idea to that, but on a smaller scale, within one channel so that each line within the piano roll ( snare on C3, kick on D3, hat on E3 etc.....) could be sent to its own independent channel, where it could be processed independently from the rest of the slices in the loop ?

This would save me a huge amount of time.

Return to “To Do”