Pentaural / Hexaural Composing

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
NexisHexus
Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:59 pm

x

Pentaural / Hexaural Composing

Hello Developers. I 've submitted this idea to customer support and they requested I iterate it here.

When a master recording is designed into surround sound and otherwise categorized Dolby, its composition was still originated from a sound stage of far right thru center thru far left. Even though its not recommended to mix through headphones, gear does now exist to make use of surround sound recordings in personal audio listening devices.

My suggestions focuses on composers who intend to compose in Pentaural and Hexaural listening fields that they can send their patterns, arrangements, automations to a specific channel. In common terms we call this front right, front left, center channel, rear right, rear left and rear center.I suggest 3 suboutputs for rear; absolute center, and front. As I mentioned in my letter to customer service, I feel this is a unique situation of FL Studio leading mixing techniques by allowing composers to select their own sound field and exit the Dolby soundfield which is generally only a mixing and mastering technique. Dolby would not have proprietary value on this concept because surround sound is a subjective interpretation of a 2.1 mixdown. In this case the composer has specified in absolute terms where in the sound field their creation exists.

The modifications entailed are track output to indexed soundfield locations, multiple master faders that can be designated as necessary far beyond "6.3" channels. 12.6; whatever. The significant difference separating Pentaural and Hexaural... mixing is that it will likely not be easily mastered or A/B'd for sound in mono. Instead Its my suggestion that multiple channels would have to be compared as strobing stereofield that randomly assigns master soundfield tracks in combinations to hear its complexity on a segment audition loop.
Its my position dolby has no ownership of a sound composer directly insisting their composition pieces through a particular speaker port in their computer and why I would suggest it to FL Studio for proprietary material. , Mikki

Return to “To Do”