Consolidate Patterns Feature Request

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Tunedevil
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:23 am

x

Consolidate Patterns Feature Request

When Event patterns (all patterns actually) are sliced and arranged so only small sections of them are shown on the playlist, these sections will trigger events as per the visible window and the data being played while the play head crosses the visible section.

However, if you want to consolidate these patterns into a single new pattern which plays as heard, the merge pattern clips function will not work as it will merge all data in the pattern, not only the visible cut sections which have been arranged to play back as desired. (Example flp attached. Merging the 'mutes' patterns will not play back as before merging)

The only work around I can find for this right now is to make every pattern slice unique before merging, and then after merging to a new pattern play back will be consistent and all newly created segment patterns can be deleted. In my project this was a fifteen minute job as I had done loads of play list editing to get to where I was, like deleting space etc.
________

The feature request:
Can we have an option like 'Consolidate Patterns' which will take the visible pattern slices and arrangement in the playlist and render it to a new pattern, which in one action will play back as the slices did when arranged individually?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”