Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
The_Koala
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:54 pm

x

Create DW Instruments - change all loop type

Hello everyone !

i recently discovered you can create DirectWave instruments from about any VSTs and I'd like to sample a drumkit VST so that I can use DW instead. I'll be able to juste install FL Studio and compose instead of having to install every drums plugin I use, for example.

Actually I don't believe an easy solution exists for this, but it could be great if, when converting a VST into a DW bank, people could select the loop type of the sample the bank will use. Indeed, One-short loop type is the best for percussions, because you don't want the sound to suddenly stop when you release the note, and the only way to change that in DW is to take every sample and do it by hand. Nobody can just do that for every 5 sample per velocity layer per note, and I think it'd be a great help for people in my situation :)

I know a old 2016 topic proposed some kind of ideas in the same way - changing loop type of every sample in a DW instrument - but now it'd be even more useful as we can basically sample any instruments :D

Thanks by advance for your answer !

Rodolphe

Return to “To Do”