Project Library

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
RickTibbe_
Sun May 13, 2018 3:33 pm

x

Project Library

First of all I'm going to be completely honest and admit that I haven't searched the forum for other topics including this idea. I'm sorry if it's already posted somewhere.

I'm someone who likes to save lots of different versions of my tracks and work on a lot of different projects at a time. At the same time I'm also someone who's not really tidy and tends to loose track of his favorite / major tracks he's working on. Right now I do this by ordering my FLP folder based on which track was edited most recently and then looking at the biggest file, but I'm getting more and more large files and it's a starting to become a complete mess. That's why I came up with something like a project library.

Let's consider I'm opening FL Studio for the first time in my life. Instead of an empty project, I get a overview of all my projects (which, at this time, I do not have yet), ordered by when it has been edited (or maybe alphabetically). Also there's an area which concludes my Starred Projects. Let's say I create a new project. Every time I click save (or save new version), FL does not overwrite the original file or create a new version file like it does now, but instead it creates a new version inside the same FLP. Also, when bouncing the full track, the preview gets saved somewhere together with the FLP and the samples and is accessible in the Library Screen, so you easily know which project is which song. Maybe there can also be a place to make notes for every project and see which presets and plugins are being used in every project, and of course you can view all version and revert to one if that suits you better.

All additions or adjustments are welcome, I'd love to hear how other people think of this and if I'm missing something.

Return to “To Do”