Align parametric EQ to root/lowest note and harmonize channel to root/lowest note

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ampetus
Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:44 pm

x

Align parametric EQ to root/lowest note and harmonize channel to root/lowest note

Say you have an output channel containing the following notes with C2 in the bass

C2 F5 A5 D6

....but then play, with E3 as the bass....
E3 D5 B5 C7

I'd like for there, at minimum, to be an option an the parametric EQ feature where the lowest band in the parametric EQ would correspond with C2 in the first example and would move to the frequency ratio between E3 over C2 when the second chord is played. Like just a checkbox "align lowest band to root tone". It would have to, I imagine, use an FFT to find/track changes in the lowest note, not aligning to any scale but the exact frequency of the bass note wherever it may lie for flexibility.

As for the other bands, the second lowest band would be at a frequency secondlowestbandfreq/firstlowestbandfreq. The next band would be at thirdlowestbandfreq/firstlowestbandfreq and so on.

Ideally I also wish there was an option to filter out all frequencies not whole number (harmonic series) multiples of the root frequency within a selectable bandwidth up to, say, the 32nd harmonic. Perhaps even, also there could be an option to shift the root note down by a selectable number of octaves or down by a fifth to allow more notes (so, for example, for your chord above a bass note C3, your chord's C5 would move to the 8th harmonic instead of the 4th allowing more notes along the harmonic series within the 2/1 octave e.g. 8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16 instead of just 4,5,6,7,8.

The idea is to get a crystal-clear sound not unlike that in Just Intonation and psychoacoustically clarify all of your chords.

Return to “To Do”