random preset search feature

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
speedyfrog
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:07 am

x

random preset search feature

offtopic#1: First of all I want to thank the image-line team for having created such an amazing program!

ontopic: When using plugins like Sytrus, Directwave and Fruity Convolver, you have implemented these triangular arrows, that allow me to load the previous or the next preset/program within a plugin, or to select a preset from the dropdown menu by name.

For my workflow, I'd love to have the option to skip RANDOMLY through the existing presets, especially when there are already tons of presets created, instead of choosing them by name and intentional thought. This way I can choose by ear what would musically complement the staff that i have already created in a certain project or i can use it to learn what a specific plugin may sound like without going through the presets in order. Its true that I can first select a random preset and go previous/next from there but its just not the same since the presets are sorted and jumping randomly through it would create more varity to the sounds i hear one after another than going through a sorted preset list.

An intuitive implementation in the gui would be for me to create an extra little button between the left and right arrow, that shows a cube and can be pressed for randomly jumping to another preset or that can be de-/activated to change the function of the left and right arrow into "jumping previous/next in the random number generator algorithm" or doing it in order.

offtopic#2: aside from that i'd like to see a comfort feature that creates automatically a volume automation for me, for example when i want to let a singing voice stay on top of the backround music that i have routed as a group in another channel. side chain compression just doesnt do the job for me yet, but i still have to learn to use the tools that already exist so im open for hints to achieve such a thing in a moreless time efficient way.

offtopic#3: and a matching eq would be cool that can analyse the eq charateristics of a certain sample sound and create an eq curve out of it which then can then be used on another sample sound (f.e. cello sounds from different libraries) in order to make it sound more like the first one. I would use it when doing volume crossfade layering techniques to make several instruments of different sources sound like more or less one instrument.

Return to “To Do”