Improve peak controller LFO

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Spivkurl
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:50 am

x

Improve peak controller LFO

I have always loved peak controller, yet the more I incorporate the LFO section, the more I find issues with it. Two important changes which could make peak controller LFO more useful, at least for myself....

1) Make the "random" shape actually random. When the transport is stopped, the output of the LFO is random steps which are the length determined by the rate (like a sample and hold fed noise and clocked). When the transport playback starts, the LFO ceases to be random, and becomes some seemingly arbitrary sequence of steps. This is useless, especially if you want two or more random sources at once... multiple instances of peak controller will ALL have the same pattern output with the same settings. This is the opposite of random.

2) Extend the range of the LFO rate. This would be most especially useful if the high end could extend far into audio range. This could effectively add an FM operator to any generator, not to mention other sorts of modulation such as amplitude or filter. The possibilities are endless really. Extremely slow rates could also be useful for incorporating "generative music" principles within FL.

Spivkurl
Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:37 am

x

Re: Improve peak controller LFO

Razie7, thank you for adding your input! I am h...

shroomhead_one
Content Creator
Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:27 am

x

Re: Improve peak controller LFO

Spivkurl wrote: 2) Extend the range of the LFO ...

Return to “To Do”