Some ideas for future versions of FL Studio

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
ChrisWellz
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:06 am

x

Some ideas for future versions of FL Studio

Hi! This is my first post on here. I'm going to get involved on here more. People have always told me that I should post in the forums on my ideas for FL Studio. Here are my 5 ideas. So here we go!

1. Instruments/Drum patterns including all Midi CC's should be integrated within the playlist.

Organization and time is key here. You add a piano plugin, there should be a lane for that sound by default assigned to the playlist. Including a drop-down menu on the left of that lane of all Midi CC's associated with that plugin (Midi CC's from the effects applied on that plugin as well)

2. If I installed a VST, I obviously want to use it. So "unchecking" a plugin should be the default, not the other way around.

Again, organization and time. If I didn't want a plugin, I would have uninstalled it. So the option to checkmark it in order to use it when I already installed it seems unnecessary. Another step in my creative process that I shouldn't even have to do. Scanning for plugins to be integrated during booting FL would suffice.

3. When adding a plugin to the channel rack, automatically assign it to the mixer by default.

Yup, organization and time. Think about it. Why would I not want something assigned to the mixer? Why is there the option (by default) to not have it on the mixer? It's another step in my creative process I shouldn't have to do either.

4. Labeling and color changing that applies to all drop-down windows in any which way direction.

Let's say you add Sytrus to the channel rack, it automatically assigns it to the mixer (which would be dope) and into its own lane on the playlist (even better!). They all are titled "Sytrus" And let's say I title the Sytrus on the channel rack "Lead 1" and changed the color to blue, how come the mixer and the lane on the playlist didn't change with it? Why do I have to title and change the color on the channel rack in order for it to apply to the other two? What if I change the name of it on the mixer first? Or change the name and color on the playlist? Why isn't it simultaneously changing all of them? Now I have to title 3 different things and change 3 different colors. And I know, if you title it in the channel rack and change the color and THEN assign it, it will apply to all three. But why not have it both ways? This would really help in organization and time. This type of integration between the channel rack, mixer and playlist would be VERY convenient.

5. Automation clips not treated like patterns.

This is by far my worst problem when it comes to organization. We shouldn't have to organize our automation clips like patterns. I understand that we can organize our automation clips AFTERWARDS, but that's the problem. We shouldn't have to. FL Studio should serve us the unnecessary work so it's more organized so we can focus on the music. Why not have the automation clips into its own realm sort of speak? The drop-down menu on the left of each instrument on the playlist showing you a list of all of the midi CC's from the plugin, including the effects applied to it and just select one and the automation pops up and when you're done using it, you can hide it? A lot of us producers automate on the fly as we're producing. So it gets extremely cluttered when you have clips everywhere that would pop up in the area where there's an empty lane. It's frustrating. Having the ability to show all automation underneath each pattern in one click would be dope too. But the key here is that it's all organized and not everywhere on the screen when starting these automation clips.

All in all, these are basically things that get in the way during the creative process. FL Studio is an incredibly fast DAW to create music. But for a lot of us advance users, these little hiccups can be somewhat of a nuisance. Some of us don't mind and we've normalized the situation and incorporated it into our workflow. But just because some of us don't mind, doesn't mean these things shouldn't change to improve workflow. A lot of us just "deal with it" with it. Despite these little problems that gets in the way of time and organization, it's still the best DAW in the multiverse. :lol:

Thank you so much for making such an amazing product.

Return to “To Do”