I would love "either/either/or both" ways to use workspace better

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Matthieu
Tue Sep 11, 2018 3:31 am

x

I would love "either/either/or both" ways to use workspace better

I'd love FlStudio to use dual-screen+ environnement beyond "windowed" mode. It'd be cool to have the ability to add additional views to a FlStudio instance and to put plugins and mixer and stuff on the "other screen"'s viewport. (each Fl Studio instance would have to be separated in windows's taskbar so that viewports would be selectable from windows's hover menu.) Somehow, windowing would be something to explore a lot where it could be possible to send each individual mixer track to a separated window and furthermore, to send all mixer tracks's plugin views to a single window but into separated "fences" (reffering to stardock fences)
But furthermore, i'd like plugin's skins, now that FlStudio is vectorial, to have alternative "compact" skins. With somewhat 24x24 or less buttons with abbreviated labels and a minimum of space used. This, for any FlStudio content. And This on any VST that have no interface... And buzz plugins etc...
VST plugins that have interfaces couldn't quite get anything else than a very simple stretch but that wouldn't look quite nice. So the idea doesn'T focus on that.
I've made a setup where i have 3 channels with 3 sets of plugins that i would like to see side by side but they're way too large, and if i click one or another, the focus will cause them hide one another, but with a vectorial interface, it becomes easy to make a quick Fl Studio theme selection or even to make a plugin compact individually and quickly, all related plugins and interface buttons would be compact.
I would so much love to do it myself, i'm not a programmer, but i'm good at skinning and designing interfaces. But best at having ideas. I wasted the best years of my life being unable to afford school. I have good ideas but that's not the kind of stuff that can simply be marketted. "Hey, that's me! Matt. The idea merchant. At my shop, we've got quick and durable solutions for all your needs. Call me 1 000 Hey M a t t

Whatever. I'm pretty sure you get the point. As FlStudio is vectorial, the interface can be stretched in all sorts of ways, dynamically.
I would like to see what it'd be like to have vertical toolbars with rotated labels and even to have every toolbar buttons and objects movable in any way... I thought there could even be 3d plugins with interfaces that uses directX 3d engines. Why not, even make ins and outs and imports for unreal engine, blender, unity.
Like i don't even know who said: "Sky is the limit".
FlStudio is a well done workstation for a multitude of purpose. It could even extend it's potential by renewing friendship with DSP Robotics which seems to change name quite often. I'd like to be able to upgrade to full synthmaker from flstudio store once again.
It'd be cool to develop synthmaker plugins that would allow FlStudio to output data to control simulated robots, OR real robots. But that's a topic way beyond the "thread", whatever, while it could simulate virtual robotics, it could also send commands to Blender, Unreal and Unity. I'd love to use my midi controller to control Blender, for example, but from FlStudio to use the full range of plugins that allows me to make nice and functional controls.
I'm still not rich. I can't even afford a car, a house, a family, i can barely afford myself. I feel like a wasted talent, i feel bad while i can't invest a lot of money into the softwares i like. I'd like to be Elon Musk and to go'round and invest cash in compagnies. But i've got no cash. The only cash is spiritual cash. And the way i invest is this. That never paid anything at all... And people often excludes me from the solution. Feels bad. lol
I know that tons of people are packed with cash and would pay what i can't to use what i suggest, nevertheless.

"Poll suggestion: Do you want the option of a compact interface?"

Return to “To Do”