Dedicated Hardware Parameter Controller Idea

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
pheromone
Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:50 am

0 x

Dedicated Hardware Parameter Controller Idea

I thought of an idea for a controller that would allow intensive mapping of FL Studio's native plugins. I just recently bought the Akai Fire and I love it, but mapping controls to parameters in Sytrus for example is obviously limited. After clicking the "Link All Parameters" function in the plugin options on Sytrus I thought..

Imagine a hardware 10x12 interface of buttons like the mute/solo buttons on the Fire with a row of 10 knobs above each column of buttons. You could use each button on the controller to assign to a parameter. Once the parameters are assigned they can be selected by the individual buttons and manipulated from the top row by the knob in line with its column. The buttons could switch between edit mode where they are only focused when the parameter being pressed or locked so that the controls you are using the most would stay selected. On top of that if you allowed up to like 12 banks or something, you could map dozens of parameters to multiple plugins and have hands on control. Maybe there could be scribble strips or some color scheme control to allow the user to organize their mapping. I'm super excited for the future of dedicated controllers for FL!!

Feel free to add to this idea or point out the flaws or if it's altogether a failed idea, let me know.

Return to “To Do”