Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
dudiross
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:55 pm

x

PLEASE READ! Custom Parameters on Piano Roll! Linked to Automation Clips

Iv'e been thinking this for years.
Been using FL from FL Studio 3 days...
Now that you have just introduced grouping to automation clips, it would be very easy to introduce the feature I'm about to suggest.

When scoring strings, or even synthesizers, and you want to change parameters on the sampler or synthesizer on a per-note basis, the only options is to create an automation clip and then sort of switch between two windows and calculate stuff so that the parameter changes add up and hit the timing you want for it.
Very annoying!

SOLUTION! - On the bottom of the piano roll where you can adjust parameters such as velocity and pitch, just make the option to control any parameter you want!
You can first create an automation clip for the parameter you want to be able to edit. It will then be grouped to this channel.
Then you go into piano roll and edit on a per note basis!

Stage 2 - Allow for multiple parameters to be shown at edited at once! This will be an industry changing move!

For example you are scoring strings and you have a melodic line that you want to sound just so, with a slight crescendo and change in timbre here, and over here on this part I want it to deepen out a bit, and over here I want the reverb on the sampler to increase just a bit and increase the note release time but on the next note to make it staccato and limp sounding - these all require tweaking of multiple parameters simultaneously and if you had the option to do it inside the piano roll it would save HOURS of work!

Thanks for reading and let me know what you think!

Return to “To Do”