Code-Wrapper plugin

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
cynex
Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:51 pm

x

Code-Wrapper plugin

Hey Guys, been a while ! Just wanted to pop in and say hey, things are looking great ! loving fl20 so far :)

I've had an idea that's popped up a few times now, and I thought i'd toss it your way. I've always thought it would be really cool to bridge the gap between VST programming and Web programming. I may be biased that I was a web developer previously, but I've spoken to many artists who are also filling the gap with web design / development, so the sentiment may be somewhat common.

The idea is pretty straight forward. A new plugin which is basically an HTML / javascript / c style parser with a library of functions available to both create fx and instruments. You'd have a package view to edit your assets, and a play mode to test / use it. The program would run in a loop and update a frame buffer. There are many javascript / jquery projects out there now that make use of web-audio (I'd source some examples but I'm sure you already know what I'm talking about), so clearly people want to make these sort of things. Having something that could be used within a DAW like FL directly would open up many doors for people in this area.

The code/package could be shared and downloaded by any FL user giving the developers a platform to work with, after going through an approval process naturally. Obviously there would be some limitations required, and nobody would expect an emulated VST to be as performant as a compiled plugin, but you could make a pretty decent plugin using just html / javascript given the right hooks to do so.

Heck, I'd even migrate launchpaddr into it. If it had drag to midi clip function like I've seen other plugins use that would be great !

Return to “To Do”