assigning hardware and midi out plugin

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
sirchris
Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:39 pm

x

assigning hardware and midi out plugin

Ok so I figured out what could help here. When we create control settings in the midi out plugin mapped to certain ccs, we are likely trying to assign to physical controllers. What has to happen is not only create the control link in the midi out plugin itself but also then use the multilink button to physically map that parameter to the actual knob itself - this way we can record automation turning the virtual control within the midi out plugin or the actual hardware knob itself....

NEW IDEA - It would be better if this was all done in one step by default and then these settings are saved as a preset within the midi out plugin. The reason is that in order to currently fix this I will have to assign these controls manually one by one and repeat it for all my custom templates. Ugggh

NEW IDEA- But now Im thinking how cool would it be to also assign a virtual control to several knobs within midi out like a master knob that moves several parameters at once - even defining how much movement each parameter moves in that scenario. Big redesign but maybe cool.

Return to “To Do”