Automation - Anchor Points (Points move with clips)

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Lionheart88
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:29 am

x

Automation - Anchor Points (Points move with clips)

There will probably be flaws in this idea but I think it could be a good idea if done right!

Due to FL's customizable nature within the playlist, shifting automation points can become a bit of a nightmare if say for instance you decide to restructure your song

My idea is this and I'm not sure if its possible but, could "anchor points" be added to automation clips that can then be linked to anchor points in a audio clip or pattern clips anchor points. The customizable nature of linking anchor points could be similar to how patcher works in the sense of 'link cables" to user define Leader & Follower automation points. The pics below better demonstrate what I'm saying:

Green Points: They are the leader points that inform all the linked blue points of a position change in the source material (audio clip or pattern clip)

Blue Points: They are the follower points to the green leader points, they have a start and end point and within the user define range of these the points, all automation points will move accordingly

This idea can be refined alot and probably has some flaws, would love to know what the IL dev team think ect
Before.png
After.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SuperTRev
Sat May 04, 2019 6:48 am

x

Re: Automation - Anchor Points (Points move with clips)

Last edited by SuperTRev on Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “To Do”