Suggestions to Improve Organization:

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kenyen Butler
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:54 am

1 x

Suggestions to Improve Organization:

First of all I want to say FL Studio is amazing and I love it. But just like everything else in existence, there is always room for improvement.
Here is my list so far:

-Let me change the short cut keys.
I'm sure this has been mentioned like 80 billion times already and I'm sorry if it has, but it would make our lives muuuch easier. For example, in the playlist, if I hold down Ctrl + Scroll the mouse wheel, it will stretch the playlist horizontally and if I hold Alt + mouse wheel it will stretch the playlist vertically. However, when I go to the piano roll, it's a little different. Holding Ctrl + Scrolling will still stretch it horizontally, but holding Alt + Scrolling will for some reason start messing with the velocities of the notes. Like, why is it different in the piano roll than the playlist? Lol. Also, I'm not a programmer, but it seems like it would be a pretty easy thing to implement.

-In the Channel Rack, have an option where you right click something (a synth/audio file etc.) and under the "delete" option there's a "delete all" option, where it gets deleted from the channel and the mixer, and removes all automation clips that are linked to it. Personally, I am always testing stuff and adding/deleting stuff all the time, so it would be nice to just be able to hit delete once, instead of three times.

-In the Channel Rack, have a "locate in playlist" option, where you right click a channel and hit "located in playlist" and it highlights it in the playlist. Sometimes on my really big project files, it gets messy and its hard for me to keep track of everything, so this would make life much easier.

-In the Mixer, make it so I can create my own "sections". So for example I would create a section for drums and a section for leads, etc. Then instead of just pressing "route to free mixer track" I could just hit "route to drums" or "route to leads" etc.

These are just my personal thoughts. I know everybody has their own unique workflow, so I'd like to hear what you guys think as well. Personally, when I am creating, I have two different mind sets: the creative part, and the organizational part. I often switch between the two constantly, rather than trying to do both at the same time.

SuperTRev
Sat Jul 27, 2019 10:58 pm

0 x

Re: Suggestions to Improve Organization:

You may be interested in keyboard macros with a...

Return to “To Do”