Saving Scale Highlighting in Project and Dynamic Scale Highlighting

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Mythozchtryx
Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:20 am

x

Saving Scale Highlighting in Project and Dynamic Scale Highlighting

I like to try to write fancy-pants music with lots of modulations. Currently, FL Studio doesn't save as part of the project which key you're working in, so naturally, it also doesn't save any modulation points. I've been trying to keep track of this by using tags in the piano roll and in the playlist, but it's a bit cumbersome because there are times when those tags are all lost in the patterns, like when merging patterns. What I'm suggesting might require some programming gymnastics:

Set up the playlist to have "key zones". Each zone would be configured to highlight a specific key and mode for any piano roll pattern dropped into that zone. If the pattern spans more than one key zone, the scale highlighting within that piano roll pattern would change at the point where it transitions in the playlist. If you drag the pattern left or right, where the scale highlighting changes within that pattern would be updated to reflect its new position in the playlist.

This would likely need another little information bar across the top of the playlist under the timeline and tag bar where each zone can be easily identified. All of this would naturally need to be saved as part of the project file.

I know one workaround is to use a silent channel to just draw in the scale manually, but that makes ghost notes basically useless because all the ghosting space is eaten up by your key modulation reference in the silent channel.

Thank you for FL Studio. It has brought me many hours of joy. :D

Return to “To Do”