New Feature Idea: Storing Automation Curves in Pattern Clips, Improved Automation Workflow

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Kaminari Knight
Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:21 am

x

New Feature Idea: Storing Automation Curves in Pattern Clips, Improved Automation Workflow

Greetings. I have been using FL Studio for 9 months after migrating from Reason (now called Reason Suite, which I still use). It's working pretty nicely so far, but as someone who frequently writes heavy basslines that are really complex and thus use a lot of automation in a lot of different places, I find that the sheer number of automation clips I end up creating can often get rather unwieldy.
To remedy this, I would like to have the ability to store this kind of automation data within a pattern clip. I am aware that it is possible to make automation inside pattern clips, but here we currently don't have access to the same curve-editing tools that you have when editing automation clips in the playlist - all we get is just a list of values over time which can easily become very unwieldy to edit. Also, the lack of the ability to copy and paste automation points even within the playlist makes it rather cumbersome to write really rapid and complex automation.
The one thing I miss the most about working in Reason/Reason Suite is the ability to move or copy a note clip with automation embedded in it to another instrument and the automation would still work on the new instrument (in most cases)+.

Last bumped by Kaminari Knight on Thu Feb 06, 2020 4:21 am.

Return to “To Do”