Quick Auto-assign mixer track if channel loaded onto specific channel filter group

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Madma
Sat Jan 18, 2020 10:53 pm

x

Quick Auto-assign mixer track if channel loaded onto specific channel filter group

Hello,
I realized how such a feature would be useful for keeping things tidy whenever you add new instruments, avoiding the need to reorganize them later once you realize the whole project is a big mess and on the mixer all channels are spread all across without any order besides the chronological one in which they've been added.

If Channel rack's filter groups would be able to set rules for newly added plugins we could easily decide something like this:
e.g.
for filter group Drums, all channels added on that group, route them starting from track 10 to 25.
for filter group Atmospheres, all channels added on that group, route them starting from track 26 to 40.
for filter group Leads, all channels added on that group, route them starting from track 41 to 65.
etc etc...

Templates are an awesome thing, but if there's no way to keep them organized, it is even more time consuming to do that manually, even if you pay attention each time you add an instrument. We all agree that doing that later once the track is already a mess it is long and tedious. But even if you do that along the way it becomes distracting and slows you down.
I've realized how after using a template I, me myself created, this slowed me down even more because I was trying to keep it clean and organized. In the end I've spent more time routing, colouring, renaming, sorting, moving channels/clips/mixer tracks rather than making music.

This suggestion would simply help a bit keeping things on their place.

Thank you

Return to “To Do”