Audio preview of .fst file in the browser

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
LaplaceTransform
Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:06 am

x

Audio preview of .fst file in the browser

I've just discovered that you can assign an image to any type of file using .nfo file, and it will show as that file in the browser. So you can do stuff like this:
preview1.png
I find drag-dropping presets directly from the browser very convenient so I think it would be really nice if you could in a similar way add an audio preview to them. Something like this:
preview2.png
Right now I keep presets I create organised like this:

- Preset1.fst
- Preset1.wav (melody preview)
- Preset2.fst
- Preset2.wav (melody preview)

but it's not very intuitive and requires a lot of manual saving. It would be awesome if it all could be done automatically.

So for example, when you press 'Save preset as...' you get a pop up. There would be an option to generate/not generate a preview file, and when you generate it would ask you to set a MIDI note+length or for example there would be an option like 'Use midi from this channel in current pattern' or 'Render current pattern' (so you can get a preset preview with extra kick and clap for a context). An output would be: .*fst file, *wav/*flac file (hidden) and *nfo fille (hidden). Or just *fst file but bigger (it would make sharing presets with previews easier).

Best Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “To Do”