It's a very elegant way to add colors to projects. It's "Color Picker" and would be selectable in the Tools tab.
It should work with pretty much everything, most notably;
- Elements (Instruments, Automation, Layers, etc) on the Channel Rack, Picker Panel and Playlist.
- Playlist Tracks.
- Mixer Tracks (also potentially mixer slots?).
The first thing after entering Color Picker mode would have you set the Primary and Secondary color as seen in the animation. But there could also be a way of entering Color Picker mode without the color selectors showing up, perhaps by using a keyboard shortcut.
Lastly, here are my ideas for Color Picker mode's controls:
- Click = Set Element to Primary Color.
- Click & Drag = Give Elements a gradient from Primary to Secondary Color*
- Middle Mouse Button (or Command + Left Click) = Set Primary Color from Element.
- Right Click (or Shift + Left Click) = Set Secondary Color from Element.
- Esc while holding down click = Forfeit setting the colors to the Elements without exiting Color Picker mode.
- Esc = Exits Color Picker mode.
Again, don't be fooled by the animation, it's just a concept.