Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
MickeyMoose555
Wed May 27, 2020 6:51 pm

x

Give Slicex an option that replicates Manipulator

Hey!

I had this idea last night, because I am still looking for an affordable method of doing this and I noticed how little Slicex needed to change to become like Manipulator. I have been looking for a nice way to create an easy chorus from a single verse sample, because it is hard to understand which chords I am making while using the current version I know (editing the files in Newtone).

If Slicex could have the same stretch algorithm as the sampler, then the plugin could make a chorus by pitch-shifting stacked notes as they played the samples in Slicex (I wish there was a way I could show you what I mean, but of course it isn't a thing... yet...). Kind of like how people would use Slicex to make vocal chops, where the individual notes are pitch shifted depending on which notes the producer wants to make the melody. Except in this concept, there would be several notes stacked on top of each other to make a chord. This would require that Slicex has a pitch-shifting algorithm that stretches the sample instead of the generic pitch-shifting.

Slicex could also be modified to make this work better/easier. Manipulator can make very nice choruses with the effect plugin and some midi input. If my thinking is correct, Slicex is not far from that ability. Loading a sample into Slicex that would play on its own no matter what note is being played, and the pitch would be shifted to whatever note is in the piano roll. The start of the audio file in Slicex could be linked to the beginning of the pattern, so it plays the right section of the audio file no matter what point the playhead is started at.

If the Slicex stretch mode is already a feature or this new plugin idea already exists inside FL Studio, please let me know, I would be glad to hear.

Thanks!

Return to “To Do”