Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
wildswan
Sat May 30, 2020 10:17 pm

x

Missing Plugins Helper

Hi,
There is a horrible problem with the way that FL Studio deals with missing plugins. What we need is a list generated when plugins can't be found so that they can be properly replaced with the correct plugin.
I have upgraded plugins and their names have slightly changed (e.g. Kontakt 5 was called that, but Kontakt 6 is just Kontakt, which is better if they stick to that - no missing plugin on next upgrade).
I have decided not to install the latest (upgraded) set of one companies plugins, but only as VST3, rather than VST2 and VST3. No need to have multiple copies of the same plugin, right? However, I just opened an 'old' project and all the VSTs from the aforesaid company have been replaced with 'Fruity Wrapper' and I will have to work out what plugins go where again - not to mention that the settings that I had with the plugins are lost.
The warning that comes up to say that some plugins are missing is not really helpful at all - either gives us a list of what was where or allow us to manually selected 'missing' plugins. :D
Cheers,
Wildswan

Return to “To Do”