Simple but Big "Burn to MIDI" Improvement

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Paulm12
Tue Jun 02, 2020 10:56 pm

x

Simple but Big "Burn to MIDI" Improvement

Burn to MIDI was a HUGE game changer, and made my old workaround (which tens of thousands of people were using) obsolete (I'm actually very happy about this because its so much easier now).
One simple improvement that I think would be really helpful is when burning to MIDI, the "burned"/rendered pattern is placed on any channel whose MIDI input matches the burned channels MIDI output port.
I know Burning MIDI to a different channel is planned: viewtopic.php?f=600&t=214300&p=1443997&hilit=burn+to+midi#p1443997
but this way things would already be routed for the sound(s) that the channel is being used for.

To give a simple example, say I have Cuthulu with MIDI Output 0 and I have Sytrus with MIDI Input 0 (so when I play Cuthulu, the sound is coming out of Sytrus). Now, if I have a pattern in the Cuthulu channel, and I go Burn to MIDI -> Match I/O Ports, the rendered or burned MIDI will appear on the Sytrus channel instead because the MIDI Input ports match the MIDI output of Cuthulu.

This can even be done to render layered tracks as well (so variations can be made to individual instruments): simply have multiple synths with the same MIDI Input port, and Burn to MIDI will now render the MIDi on all three channels for the current pattern or a new pattern.

Return to “To Do”