The Peak Controller formula expanded?

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
rifter
Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:51 pm

x

The Peak Controller formula expanded?

Peak Controller was there in FL by the time I first opened it millions years ago. And it's awesome.
The great thing about Peak Controller is that its so simple. You use the gain of a signal to control anything automatable.
I know complexity is necessary and I'm not scared of anything, I studied my physics and worked with audio enough to feel comfortable almost all the time. But still, the simplest tools, little building blocks of the FLS vocabulary like Peak Controller are the ones that make me stay with more conviction. Certainly more then new plugins or sound libriaries.

What I'm interrogating me at the moment is, would it be possible to track other data other then gain? For example making a "Pitch Controller" (based on Pitcher?) that extract the pitch data? You should use monophonic sounds. A bandpass could be integrated. And also a neat thing would be to easily use that controller output on every filter cutoff or frequency knob throughout the software..

What do you think?

But also if you can think of any other real-time trackable data I would be curious about it.

rifter
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:19 pm

x

Re: The Peak Controller formula expanded?

A couple more ideas of values to track: RMS (i...

Return to “To Do”