When dragging a project file into FL, don't 'freeze up' the Explorer window that it came from

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
doctea
Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:02 pm

x

When dragging a project file into FL, don't 'freeze up' the Explorer window that it came from

If you drag a project file from an Explorer window into FL then the Explorer window becomes unresponsive until the FL project has finished loading -- which can be a very long time!

It means you can't eg copy&paste the address from the explorer window to another window or do anything else at all with the window really. The cursor for that window stays with the 'dragging' cursor that doesn't allow you to do anything.

I've just run into this problem when dragging a file from the Windows explorer 'document search' window, and found that I needed to locate a license file for an old VST that its trying to load. However I now can't use the Windows Search feature until the project has loaded as any attempts to open it fail! I haven't tested but I wonder if this causes problems dragging in from the desktop, too.

Preferable behaviour would be if FL returned control to the drag-n-drop source app first and then attempted to load the project.

Return to “To Do”