- Duplicate the associated channel if the track is an instrument track
- Assign the channel/Audio Effect to a new, empty mixer channel
- Move the new mixer channel so it is right beside the one duplicated
- Copy all FX plugins/the mixer state of the track to the duplicate
- Place the new, duplicate track in the playlist right below the existing one that is being duplicated
I think this is a good thing to add (perhaps around the time that we can have unlimited/dynamically allocated mixer tracks) so it saves the time moving tracks around and keeping a clean mixer when there’s a lot of stuff going on. My projects often have 110+ tracks with all sorts of stuff going on so just finding the correct position of a new bassline or FX can take a long time in the mixer.