Ability to delay-load or unload a channel instrument

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
visiblenoise
Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:09 pm

x

Ability to delay-load or unload a channel instrument

I've love to be able to disable/unload an instrument in the Channel Rack, but be able to reenable/load it back in as needed. The way I imagine this working is that the VSTi is basically unloaded from memory as usual, but the instrument still occupies the space on the channel rack, and it maintains all the info that a .flp file's channel-specific save data would normally contain, so that it can be reloaded at will.

As a user of a lot of sample libraries (Kontakt, mainly), as well as a fan of starting from templates so that I can have an entire orchestra MIDI-routed and ready, for example, I would find FL much more of a joy to work with if this was possible. The problem with using templates in FL right now is that I have to really consider whether I want to start from an orchestral template for a song, because using it means dealing with an additional 10-20 seconds of load time for instruments I'm not 100% sure I'll want. That's kind of a drag.

This wouldn't be necessary if there were some kind of Channel Rack load macro that made it possible to load in a set of Kontakt instances with patches all configured and a bunch of MIDI Outs or BRSO Articulates pointing to them, in one go, but I'm guessing that'd be way more troublesome to implement.

Return to “To Do”