Event editor improvement

Post your ideas and suggestions here

Return to “To Do”

[You can only see part of this thread as you are not logged in to the forums]
Zknight78
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:37 am

x

Event editor improvement

FL Studio has come so far since I started using it back when it was still on FL 8. So many useful features and tools have been added, yet there's something that I'm surprised has made it this far without seeing any significant improvement. The piano roll event editor.

I would love to have the ability to write automation in the piano roll event editor similar to how it's written in the playlist. The ability to add and remove points, adjust the tension between two points, copy/paste point values to quickly write repeating patterns, simple LFO tools like automation clips have. Pulse, sine, saw waves. Double curves, steps, hold points...

Oh how my heart has longed for this feature to be implemented into the piano roll. I'm honestly shocked that it hasn't been yet! The developers have implemented so many feature I never thought I wanted, but have come to love, and yet, this has somehow been overlooked. It's so strange. It would be so convenient to be able to pencil in notes and write precise automation all in the same window, instead of the current event editor we have now. It feels so cumbersome to use. To pencil everything in with mouse strokes at imprecise values with no practical (I know it's possible, just not practical) way of copying and pasting patterns just feel so... outdated?

To any developers reading this, love all that you've done, just would like to see this added in a future release. You'd make me a very happy person.

visiblenoise
Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:31 pm

x

Re: Event editor improvement

This is for sure the single worst part of FL fo...

Return to “To Do”